In our fortieth episode, we discuss the urban beach or sand park being considered for Louise McKinney Park, Fort Edmonton Park upgrades, the U-20 FIFA Women’s World Cup taking place this year and the FIFA Women’s World Cup taking place next year, and innovation infrastructure here in Edmonton and Alberta.
Why are we talking about the Urban Beach now? Should we really be spending $150 million to upgrade Fort Edmonton Park? Could we really build a more exciting attraction with the proposed upgrades? Does any of that cost include improving access to Fort Edmonton Park? How do we create the necessary excitement around the FIFA Women’s World Cup? What does the Province’s push for improve innovation infrastructure tell us about Premier Dave Hancock? What can we expect from the Innovation Council? We discuss these questions and more.
Here are some relevant links for this episode:
- Get out your sunscreen – Edmonton urban beach could be on the way
- Edmonton councillors leave beach decision to the sands of time
- Upgrades to Fort Edmonton Park budgeted at $150 million
- Edmonton celebrates the best of women’s soccer in 2014 and 2015
- Alberta’s Research and Innovation System
Thanks for listening!